Top Compensation for Sales Professionals
Bacon - bank - benjamins - big bucks - bills - biscuits - bookoo - bucks - cake - cash money - show me the money - chips - coin - dough - gold - green - G's - hundies - loot - mega bucks - nuggets - paper - pesos - plunder - scratch - scrilla - wad - tenspot...
There are a number of ways to summarize "top industries for sales professionals." This one is all about the Benjamins - making money!
So if you're motivated by money, and all sales professionals are, you'll appreciate the following. Keep in mind other important factors to take into consideration when interviewing: Culture, leadership, product - service, company reputation, employer of choice +more.
What industries have the most upside potential for dedicated sales professionals? Tech and consulting services lead the way.
- Consulting Sales. Base, $120k - $250k. Commission's $25k - $3M
- Consumer Packaged Goods. Base, $150k - $180K. Commission's $100k - $300k
- Digital Media. Base, $170k - $180K. Commission's $130k - $220k
- Medical-device. Base, $0k - $70K. Commission's $200k - $300k
- Pharmaceutical. Base, $55k - $125K. Commission's $100k - $200k
- Outsourced Services. Base, $150k - $200K. Commission's $200k - $500k
- Software/SaaS. Base, $80k - $100K. Commission's $250k - $1M
- Startup Business Development. Base, $70k - $100K. Commission's $100k - $200k
- Telecommunications. Base, $70k - $100K. Commission's $100k - $200k
Tech Companies w/Great Coin Potential
Reflects average earnings and *not top-performer earnings.
- IBM. Average $150k
- Avaya. Average $160k
- Adobe. Average $163k
- Salesforce. Average $175k
- Microsoft. Average $190k
- Symantec. Average $200k
- EMC. Average $200k
- CA Inc. Average $210k
- Cisco. Average $211k
- SAP. Average $235k
Which cities have the most upside potential for dedicated sales professionals? Silicon Valley leads the list with Cali written all over it.
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- Washington DC
- Dallas-Fort Worth